Monday, July 18, 2011

Do We Ever Heal? How?

I know that you’ve heard the commonly used statement, “The truth shall set you free”. Many of us use the term very lightly without realizing its truth and power. I had a conversation with someone that I’ve grown to know fairly well over the past five years, about incest and its prevalence in families. She asked, “Do we ever heal? I said, yes. She asked, “How”? I responded with, “The truth heals”.

My brother and I had this conversation just the other day about truth and its relationship to healing. We were discussing a book that I’d just finished reading, Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss, M.D., a psychiatrist that literally stumbles upon the fact that there is life after death. A young woman with a history of depression and anxiety had begun therapy with him upon the recommendation of a hospital staff member. The doctor was utilizing traditional therapy that was not helping and he did not prescribe medication as he normally would have. Instead he began hypnotherapy, in which he guided the client into a deeply relaxed state. Here in this relaxed state she was able to go back into previous life times. She came into contact with ascended spirits of great wisdom. In this type of therapy she was able to identify the source of her anxieties.

She was able to heal by facing the traumas she had experienced in other lives, which actually translated into her current life. Spirit is infinite, living on, past the physical lives that we live. With knowledge of truth and understanding, her anxieties began to melt away, without the use of drugs.

Another example that my brother shared with me was the story of a man who had lived his life feeling hated and rejected by his father. Whenever he would share his work with his father (he was a writer), his father would never respond in any way. He sought his father’s approval, but never received it.

Well, after his father died he found out that his father was not rejecting him. He father was illiterate, he could not read. Wow, he was not rejecting him. He had lived a life of shame for not knowing how to read. He did not find the strength to share this with his son. The son felt sorry that his father lived a life in which he could not read, and had feelings guilt and shame because of it. Yet, the truth fostered his healing.

Truth heals! It healed me after 17 years of grieving my father. After years of crying and grieving, you would not believe what the truth did for me. It healed my broken heart. I was able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. I knew more about my father, whether good or bad. It did not matter to me. I wanted to know the man who was my dad. Knowledge of the truth set me free. I was proud and had clarity of mind. After many tears in crying through the process of searching and revealing the truth to myself and about a hundred classmates at Florida State University, I was renewed. I felt great! I didn’t cry anymore. Well I did, but my reason for crying afterwards was that of love, instead of grief.

BELIEVE IN THE HEALING POWER OF TRUTH! THOUGH IT MAY BE HARD TO FACE, TRY IT!

Expect to cry. Crying cleanses the heart so that your spirit can see, feel and experience the love of self and others.